Business Development Manager
We looking for a business development manager with a strong work ethic, who expects to work as part of a close team, who wants to make a real difference in their role, and who loves to learn to join as an important team member at the heart of our forward-thinking, innovative and inclusive sales & marketing team.
You’ll need to be someone who enjoys the thrill of sales, is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where you may be asked technical questions and to help show our clients why we care deeply about enabling them to improve healthcare workers’ ability to deliver great patient care.
The role is fully remote but you’ll have the flexibility to mix working remotely with trips to our collaborative offices based in Chippenham, Wiltshire as well as for occasional sales visits.
Quicksilva, established in 1999, is a UK-based supplier of systems integration and messaging services, which has from the outset been associated with prestigious IT development and delivery projects and provides integration services to both the public and private sector. Quicksilva is part of the Harris Computer family, a provider of mission-critical software solutions for the Public Sector, Healthcare, Utilities, and Private Sector verticals throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Our team is high-performing which is achieved through inclusive collaboration, you’ll be joining a supportive environment that encourages professional development meaning there is always lots to learn.
Remote working environment but prepared to travel to our collaborative space in Chippenham on occasion as well as client sites UK-wide to provide onsite presence when required.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to interact comfortably with senior managers and other levels of personnel both internally to the company and externally.
- Passionate about always trying to improve and not afraid to take a few educated risks that may fail.
- Able to produce accurate written documentation of the highest standard and quality, including proofreading.
- Logical thinker with good commercial understanding of risk assessment leading to a pragmatic approach to decision making.
- Knowledge and experience of negotiating to generate the highest profits while exposing the Company to the most minimal degree of risk, and ability to work though the implications of possible scenarios.
- Excellent organisational skills, with superior attention to detail as the role covers sales reporting.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-moving environment where ability to deliver is paramount.
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, SharePoint (other office packages would be advantageous).
- Strong team player.
- Interest in market intelligence to help inform the company product roadmap.
- Comfortable with independent working to deadlines and targets.
- Knowledge/experience gained in an IT sales environment.
- Knowledge/experience of the Digital health market.
- Account management experience.
- Experience of customer communications at all levels.
- Experience of managing a Customer Relationship Management system.
- Experience of producing sales quotations and proposals.
- Demonstrable track record of closing successful deals.
- Experience of qualifying leads and managing the sales pipeline.
- Previous experience in negotiating customer contracts
Some of the tasks we will ask you to complete as part of your role reporting to the Solutions Director:
- Qualifying leads identified by the sales team
- Originating appropriate solutions for individual customers
- Working alongside the technical function
- Keeping our CRM up to date with the latest information about sales and market intelligence.
- Delivery of proposals in line with in-house quality procedures
- Closing opportunities and progressing deals to sign off
- Support and assistance to other bid team members as required
- Monitoring various data and reporting as required.
- Negotiating contracts with customer.
- Identifying for new market opportunities and providing cases to pursue them.
You needs to be very proactive, confident and highly motivated. You would need to feel at home cold calling and reasearching markets. You will also need to be able to represent the company’s values and culture.
Base Salary up to £40K, depending on experience + additional performance based pay incentives, 37.5hrs per week.
Usual benefits include: Matched pension contributions of 5% gross annual salary to our group pension plan, private medical insurance, lifestyle rewards to the value of £325 per full year of employment, wellbeing support (note some of these apply upon completion of a probationary period) and a fantastic team to work with everyday who want to make a difference.
QUICKSILVA’S EMPLOYMENT POLICY
Quicksilva is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all of its staff and applicants for employment. This broadly interpreted policy not only prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national or ethnic origin, disability or any protected category under applicable law, but also ensures that competent individuals will be given the opportunity to join Quicksilva and progress within the Company in accordance with their own abilities.